Sunday, June 6, 2010

Lost and Found

I arrived at French Frigate Shoals a couple of weeks ago now. As I get settled in I will be posting updates on our research here, and just general fun photos and things.

As of right now, I'm not sure how fast pictures are going to upload so I will use this blog to put up a couple photos so I can get an idea of how in depth this blog can be while I am out here. I will right more about the actual research in future updates.

Here are some photos from the first couple of weeks.
Mark, a member of the monk seal team, walks to the tractor shed. Population is about at 10 now, getting big!

There are loads of great birds out on Tern, I think my favorite so far are the boobies and the albatross.

 A red footed boobie on Tern island.

Two Laysan albatross

 A great frigate chick, doing what they do.

A great frigate during a Tern island sunset.

Well this blog is just test to see what the upload time is like. If everything goes well on this end I will post more photos with more in depth information on the research and general biology of the area. Hope you enjoy.

1 comment: